Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Blush with (for) ( লজ্জায় রাঙা হওয়া ) She blushed with shame.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg