SYNONYM pay fallen in arrears
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.