SYNONYM pay fallen in arrears
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Alternative to ( বিকল্প ) This question is alternative to that.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.