Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.