Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.