SYNONYM tarnish the name of
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.