SYNONYM tarnish the name of
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake