SYNONYM as regards ; as far ; with respect to
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Exempt from ( রেহাই দেওয়া ) He was exempted from the fine.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )