SYNONYM as regards ; as far ; with respect to
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means