SYNONYM to that extent or distance
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.