Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Polite in ( নম্র ) He is polite in his manners. (Polite to strangers).
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.