Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.