Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Complain against ( অভিযোগ করা (অন্য ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions