Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )