Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.