Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.