Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.