Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Commence on ( শুরু করা ) Our examination commences on the 3rd July.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.