Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.