Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.