Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.