SYNONYM leave ; depart ; go away ; get lost.
EXAMPLE Bugger off, or I'll call the police
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.