Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions