Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Crave for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) He craves for wealth.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.