Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.