Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- Part with ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) She parted with the ring.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.