Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.