Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Arrive at ( পৌঁছানো ) We arrived at the station in time.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.