Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.