Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Indulge in ( আসক্ত হওয়া ) He indulge in drugs.
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.