Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions