Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.