Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg