Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.