Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions