Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Excuse for ( অব্যাহতি দেওয়া ) He will not be excused for coming late.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.