Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.