Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )