Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.