Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Dull of ( বোধশক্তিহীন ) He is dull of understanding.
- Sure of ( নিশ্চিত ) I am sure of success.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions