Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.