Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Appetite for ( ক্ষুধা ) The patient has no appetite for food.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.