Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- Arrive at ( পৌঁছানো ) We arrived at the station in time.
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.