Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.