Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.