SYNONYM by a small degree
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.