Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Attend to ( মনোযোগ দেওয়া ) Attend to your lesson.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.