Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Zealous for ( আগ্রহী ) He is zealous for improvement.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.