Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.