Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.