Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions