Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.