Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.