Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Excuse for ( অব্যাহতি দেওয়া ) He will not be excused for coming late.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.