Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.