Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Polite in ( নম্র ) He is polite in his manners. (Polite to strangers).
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.