Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.