Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.