Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Relevant to ( প্রাসঙ্গিক ) Your remark is not relevant to the point.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Confident to ( আবদ্ধ (শয্যা) ) He is confined to bed.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions