Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.