Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.