Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.