Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.