Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.