Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.