Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Part with ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) She parted with the ring.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.