Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.