Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )