Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.