Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.