Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.