SYNONYM the words that make up a language.
EXAMPLE She has learned a lot of new vocabulary. I find it difficult to understand the vocabulary of music.
Next : vocalPrevious : viz
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Respect of ( সম্বন্ধে ) He is junior to me in respect of service.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.