SYNONYM the words that make up a language.
EXAMPLE She has learned a lot of new vocabulary. I find it difficult to understand the vocabulary of music.
Next : vocalPrevious : viz
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.