Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Comment on ( মন্তব্য করা ) He commented favorably on the point.
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.