Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Rejoice at ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced at her success.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions