Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.