Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather