Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.