SYNONYM the duty in an office ; the occupation of a servant ; working for another ; benefit ; help ; naval or military duty ; public employment
Next : childrenPrevious : replay
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.