SYNONYM the duty in an office ; the occupation of a servant ; working for another ; benefit ; help ; naval or military duty ; public employment
Next : childrenPrevious : replay
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.