SYNONYM the duty in an office ; the occupation of a servant ; working for another ; benefit ; help ; naval or military duty ; public employment
Next : childrenPrevious : replay
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions