Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.