Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Kind of ( প্রকার ) What kind of paper is it?
- Charge on or against ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Theft was charged on (against) him.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions