Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.