Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.