Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.