Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.