Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Attend to ( মনোযোগ দেওয়া ) Attend to your lesson.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.