Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.