Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.