Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.